15 September 2008

Twos

Despite two zits blossoming on my face the week I turn 35 (WTF?!), and all the other attendant gloomy thoughts attached to this impending milestone, I discovered two good things this past weekend.

1. A store in town full of stocking stuffer worthy items as well as just about every liberal magnet, postcard, button, etc. you could imagine. Nothing conservative. They don't play both sides for profit there.
Not a word was spoke between us, there was little risk involved
Everything up to that point had been left unresolved.
Try imagining a place where it's always safe and warm.
"Come in," she said,
"I'll give you shelter from the storm."

The female shopkeeper, about my age, hummed along to Bob Dylan's nasal croonings. I thought of mentioning Cassandra Wilson's great cover of "Shelter from the Storm" but decided against it: Dylan suited the store.

2. Conditioner works quite well in lieu of shaving gel/cream. I'd read that somewhere online ages ago but only today ran out of shaving gel after finishing one leg.


Ooh, and I finally found a rendition of "Lola" that's not a live recording:
3. Lola versus Powerman and The Moneygoround, Part 1, by The Kinks.

And though it's not a discovery, I may as well make it
4. I started making myself a birthday playlist because the idea of it just pleases me. If you have any suggestions, leave them in the comments. I'll make my final choices on the day before, Thursday. No particular theme, just pleasantly upbeat for the most part: songs that make you want to sing &/or dance.


A year ago on TTaT: retrovlog one: A Taste of the Jam

2 comments:

  1. How about "Pump it Up" from the Black Eyed Peas?

    That store sounds like fun. Especially since it is all liberal stuff! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked out that cool song. Definitely worthy.

    The store was fun, gotta remember it for xmas.

    ReplyDelete