21 May 2008

Useless

So when I called the phone number listed as the one to learn about other health insurance coverage options, she couldn't tell me about any other plans because there aren't any others like the one I have, and thus none of the other myriad insurance flavors show up on her screen. Compartmentalization, sigh.

She did give me the name and direct number of someone who should be able to help, but the two times I tried it I got his voice mail. Just not quite ready to leave a message and be at his mercy. I should though because his number is long distance. Bah.

3 comments:

  1. Just thinking about calling about my health insurance makes me hyperventilate. WHAT. A. NIGHTMARE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the phrase "insurance flavors."

    But you might just have to leave a message. Some people never pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kilax: I don't much care for making calls in the first place, so this kind of stuff is really taxing for me.

    cheryl: thank you! "insurance flavors" came about during editing. Your compliment is all the more satisfying because I recall precisely deciding to make the effort to change the earlier mundane phrase.

    And I did just leave a message a little while ago. I would've yesterday, but a huge thunderstorm blew in. Last year there was a storm-induced bad phone connection and they screwed up my middle initial which created all sorts of additional problems.

    ReplyDelete