08 April 2007

Hop, hop, hop

Happy Easter! The weather gods seems to have mixed up the holy days: it was warmer on Christmas than it is today, and we're having snow flurries that would've felt more festive in December.

Easter egg huntConsidering some recent posts, you might be wondering what I'm doing out on a farm hunting for eggs in the photo above. Well, I'll pass the buck to my parents on that one. I will say this however, just because I wasn't brought up with religion didn't mean I wasn't down with the Easter bunny, Tooth fairy, and Santa Claus. The Bunny even stopped by today unexpectedly with a few treats which totally brightened my day. (No hunting required- yea!)

Competing with my brother and cousins back in the day to find the most eggs was always a bit more stressful than fun. They were all boys: older, bigger, faster, and collectively determined to beat me in all endeavors. One time I was particularly frustrated and disheartened, my uncle lifted me up onto his shoulders, so I could reach a couple of eggs in the nook of a tree branch that none of us could've reached on our own. That was cool.

One year ago at TTaT: An old tropical storm
Technorati tags: ,

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter, and love the pic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter! Any holiday promoted with chocolate is a win in my book.

    ReplyDelete