10 April 2007

There's only one sheriff at TTaT

Me.

I appreciate civility, but I trust myself to determine what I consider acceptable or not without relying on Tim O'Reilly's Blogging Code of Conduct or anyone else's arbitrary rules. How I deal with incivility on my blog is also up to me. I may respond- and you better believe if a harassing comment is made publicly, so will be my response- or I may delete it, no justification required.

On other people's blogs, I'm free to move on and read something else if I so desire- so are you. Simple.

No civility badge here: it's unnecessary. Nor will there be a goofy 'anything goes' dynamite badge.

How about a call for common sense instead? That, I might get behind.

One year ago at TTaT: Wherein the gutter gets the best of me
Technorati tags: ,

2 comments:

  1. You know, I read a thread on something about this the other day and was STUNNED. Why on earth would anyone freely adopt a set of arbitrary rules limiting their own self expression. That's like telling Picasso that cubism is off limits (although I could get behind that one). Or telling Monet - No Claud, no fuzzy lines. Or Prince - dude, only pants that have asses.

    ReplyDelete