29 March 2007

6? I'm behind, but it's ok

Magical Thinking by Augusten Burroughs (3/5)

The thing with a collection of short stories is that some will inevitably be better than others. I have much more tolerance for a novel with a dip in quality as long as it has a strong finish than I do for a mediocre short story amidst better ones. Short stories just aren't my thing when it comes to books. I much preferred his memoirs Running With Scissors and Dry which present cohesive narratives of his crazy childhood and his efforts to become sober, respectively.

Although I have a bias against short stories, Kevin (who loves them) agrees with my take on this particular book. Check out his review at FWDT for more specifics on Magical Thinking.

One year ago at TTaT: Tacos and the bear
Technorati tags: , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment