09 May 2012

Free Comic Book Day for those who missed it

So the first Saturday in May is traditionally Free Comic Book Day (FCBD) at participating comic book stores. Though I've known about it a few years, I've never actually been to one.

I was game this year but the one comic book store in the area closed last I heard. The store front still has its sign in the window, a series of printed pages, one letter each, taped to the window spelling out its name. I could've called to be sure or just stopped by but I over-thought it and didn't. I reckon it's more accurate to say I was game in theory to go but got psyched out by not knowing quite what to expect.

Anyway, I was a little bummed because I knew there were Buffy, The Guild, and Serenity comics written for FCBD.

But fear not, gentle reader, Dark Horse Comics is cool and has digital versions of the comics available to read on their website. The stories I mentioned are currently in the top row: Free Comic Book Day 2012 (Star Wars/Serenity) and Free Comic Book Day 2012 (Buffy/Guild). Fun reads! There are a bunch more as well.

The only downside is that you have to sign up for an account. It's free though and simple enough.

Until next year's FCBD!


A year ago on TTaT: Otherwise Known as the Human Condition

No comments:

Post a Comment