01 November 2011

43. I Am Maru

I Am Maru43. I Am Maru by mugumogu

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


So, I've become a bit obsessed with a Japanese cat named Maru. You can follow his adventures on the web at I am Maru. It's like reading a little picture book each day that always improves my mood. Thank you, Dave for introducing me to Maru!

As for the book, I might've rated it higher if it were physically larger. A lot of the photographs are actually smaller than what I see on the web, but I still rather enjoyed it. Many of the photos are taken from the early days of the blog, new to me, but I'd say mugumogu's photography has gotten better in the past couple years.

In addition to the usual commentary from Maru that serves as captions to the pictures, there's also some behind-the-scenes entries which reveal more about Maru and what life with him is like.

Even if you don't read the book, be sure to check out I am Maru. My favorite thing about him is how he loves to squeeze himself into tiny boxes.


A year ago on TTaT: Gettin' My Groove On... (vol. xvi)

No comments:

Post a Comment