19 April 2010

Treasure script

INT. CAR WITHIN PARENTS' GARAGE - EARLY EVENING

36-year-old CLAIRE sits in the front passenger seat – she's tall and her MOM, seated behind her, is accommodating like that. DAD is behind the wheel beside her – he always drives if he's in the car.
                   CLAIRE
         (pointing to a shelf in front of the car)
Does that box that says "Legos" actually have Legos in it?

                   MOM
         (leans over so she can read the box)
Oh, that box has a ton in it.

                   CLAIRE
Really?
Claire was certain her Mom had said they'd given a big box of all the Legos to her brother years ago.
                  MOM
Yeah.
Dad backs the car out and remotely closes the garage door.
                  CLAIRE
         (to Dad)
Would you help me get that box down when we get back from dinner?

                  DAD
Sure.
CUT TO:





The corners of Claire's mouth rise: a mischievous grin. Her eyes twinkle with the possibilities.


3 years ago on TTaT: Yeah, I watch Smallville

4 comments:

  1. Jackpot! I'd be so excited if I found this stash in my garage. Although, since my dad asks me to clean out a new storage area every time I go home, maybe I already have too many stashes in my life.

    Let us know what you build!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I really need at this point is somewhere to spread it all out so I can leave it out.

    But with 23 POUNDS of legos (the crazy weigh-your-pet part of Wii Fit + finally comes in handy), I should be able to make something quasi epic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently collected my own stash of Legos from my parents' house. *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to air out/dust off mine a little, but found some cool things this eve.

    1. my firefighting boat that was a birthday present that my brother put together before I got to. When it comes to Legos, I do not forget such transgressions!

    2. A couple cool astronaut figures and a knight.

    3. A construction claw that can be lowered/raised by winch.

    Hope you share some pics of your creations too!

    ReplyDelete