23 April 2010

Life of Art SitRep #11

A series to mark what I did to further my pursuit of a life sustained by my art each week. Committing to these posts is a commitment to action, because to have content for them, I have to do something. Every week. If you have any sort of goal you're pursuing, feel free to share your efforts of the past week in the comments. Or encouragement, that's good too.
*******
This week, I
  • Shot 371 photos including a groove sequence.
  • Shot 6 videos.
  • Created something that is on display in a contemporary art museum! It's not my exhibit, but it's a start. I volunteered for an afternoon, working on an exhibit. The two artists, both a few years younger than me–sigh, were quite nice and supportive of my fledgling efforts. Made plans to attend the exhibit's opening. It's no TequilaCon, but it will make me interact with new people (unless I find ways to hide while perusing art ;)
  • Revised links/text about my store on TTaT a little bit.
  • Read a bunch of stuff on zazzle's forum. Downloaded some guides. Settled on tagging strategy/methodology.
  • Revised/amended store tags and all product tags and descriptions for SEO (which I'm finally beginning to remember stands for Search Engine Optimization). I'm still keeping my background stories in my descriptions though.
  • Added product list to my shop's sidebar to make it easier to find specific items.
  • Made stamps of 14 photos for my shop, available in U.S. rates from postcard to priority mail:
  • Tweeted, FB'd, blogged (see below) new postage folder link as well as ZAZZLEMOMDAY sale info for binder and card folders.
    Cards are 20% off and Binders are 15% off with code ZAZZLEMOMDAY until April 26, 11:59 PT. All customizable.
  • Made mousepads for remaining photos except where design would be impaired.
  • Added Bokeh in Spring folder link to post with bokeh shot. Replaced old photo with store image link. Added The Road is Favorite Place: Day 9 link to The Link description.
  • Posted comment with store link and sale info to John Scalzi's pimp thread.
  • Drew 1 sketch.
*******

What did you do to pursue the life you want this week?


4 years ago on TTaT: K.O.

No comments:

Post a Comment