05 March 2010

Life of Art SitRep #4

A series to mark what I did to further my pursuit of a life sustained by my art each week. Committing to these posts is a commitment to action, because to have content for them, I have to do something. Every week.

If you have any sort of goal you're pursuing, feel free to share your efforts of the past week in the comments.
*******
This week, I
  • Reorganized the shop by photographs instead of product types.
  • Made a variety of minor text revisions to the store site.
  • Got 2 Pro-Keds low top sneaker designs approved for the shop:
  • Made "Fountain Spray" card and postcard.
  • Made "Bokeh in Spring" binder.
  • Got my 1st store fan.
  • Shot 23 digital photos.
  • Shot a roll of 24 exposures with a twin reflex film camera.
  • Got film processed & printed: just awful, misaligned, I won't use that store again.
  • Scanned in 8 drawings from sketchbook.
  • Drew 4 sketches.
  • Wrote my first Behind the photo post to share some of my photographic process.
*******
Whether or not these actions were the right ones to take or were enough of an effort is not the point of this series. They are simply a list of what I accomplished related to my goal this week. Any amount of progress is better than none. Having clocked ages of none, I'm certain of that.

What did you do to pursue the life you want this week?


A year ago on TTaT: Is it hubris if I want to show off my Greek goddess?

No comments:

Post a Comment