26 February 2010

Life of Art SitRep #3

This week, I started second-guessing the title of this series of posts. Sleazy aggressive marketing is not my aim. The purpose is to quantify for myself what I did to further my career* as an artist--my pursuit of a career as an artist--each week. Committing to these posts is a commitment to action, because to have content for them, I have to do something. Every week.

So... I'm pondering new names for this series that are less marketing, more journey. Or is that just all in my head? Let me know if you have any title suggestions.

This week, I
  • Rewrote the introduction to my Zazzle shop.
  • Uploaded a new photo, deleted an old one, and updated a link on my Gallery Culture artist profile.
  • Uploaded a few photos as part of an online group exhibition, an adjunct to an event in San Francisco tonight called "Flash Art Show" on Facebook.
  • Approved 92 color scans and 231 black & white scans after dealing with some very time-consuming mishaps.
  • Tromped through the snow to fix the panel on my favorite sculpture.
  • Shot 238 photos and 13 videos.
  • Edited and posted 2 vlogs.

*I want to say "life" here instead of "career" (or job, profession, occupation, vocation, etc. Actually vocation's not bad. Hmm.), but it would let me off the hook as long as I created something every week. I want more than that, I want to build something that can sustain me.


A year ago on TTaT: Under The Weather

2 comments:

  1. The word "vocation" has in it the meaning-cluster of words like calling, invoking, voice. You liked the word vocation... maybe one of the other meanings hidden in the word might be useful to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was what I liked about it, and at the same time, it's what makes me ambivalent about it. "Calling" has too many religious connotations for me that feel out of place. Still mulling it over though.

    ReplyDelete