21 May 2009

Irony

So I was concerned that I wouldn't get much decent radio reception during my long drives this week and I'd be stuck listening to my dated cassettes.

Turns out the reception was pretty good for most of the drive, but all the rock radio stations played was music from the same vintage as my cassettes: mostly 80s, early 90s with some classic rock and disco thrown in for good measure. I don't think I heard more than five songs released after 2000 the entire time I was gone. Not that that's bad, but after a while, I kept hearing the same songs across different stations again and again: in particular, "Small Town" by John Cougar Mellencamp and "Stuck in the Middle With You" by Stealers Wheel.


A year ago on TTaT: Useless, Frakkin' health insurance

No comments:

Post a Comment