25 May 2009

20 self portraits from 1996, day 14

(Previous days: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

Day 14:
August 30, 1996
August 30, 1996

The top photo looks like the print. I applied auto level and auto color in Photoshop to the lower photo to more accurately represent my old bathroom. Both shots appealed to me: the top for the way in which my hand almost becomes an abstraction and for the illusion of being tan, and the bottom for how the highlights pop.

auto levelled and auto colored
Hey, there's my dog bite scar, just up and to the left of the H.

Damn, I miss that camera. Technically, I still have it but it would cost more than it's worth to fix. Over fifteen years, I took it with me all over the country, often shooting 10 to 20 rolls of film at a stretch. It was in Florida that I had to start giving it a whack sometimes to release the mirror after I'd taken a photograph. Damn humidity. Shooting hasn't been the same since that camera broke in late 2003.

I need to find a digital camera I like.

*****
Happy Memorial Day, blog peeps!


A year ago on TTaT: Random Scan Sunday 1: Concrete Cylinders

No comments:

Post a Comment