14 September 2008

Feeling calmer today

My frustration with my mom over what to get her for her birthday was seeping ever more aggressively into all our interactions. To explain would've made her say she didn't care if she got anything in a tearful huff, so instead I've just seemed like a moody jerk.

I was still annoyed with her today but offered to help move a writing desk up and a tall shelving unit down 2 flights of stairs with my dad; I knew she wouldn't be able to easily manage them. Once we'd finished, she offered me my choice of where to have dinner. She was still very appreciative, so I parlayed my furniture moving into another birthday gift suggestion: knee socks from Target (on sale, natch). Not much but something at least.

With a few other things, I think I've finally got it. Tomorrow will tell...


A year ago on TTaT: Only so much patience

No comments:

Post a Comment