27 May 2008

I continue to loathe health insurance

Just spent 29 minutes on the phone during which I was transferred THREE times even though I called the number that seemed right and selected the appropriate menu option.

The kicker is that I got a quote on Friday from someone very helpful, who emailed me the info booklet, and told me all I would have to do is call back to change it if I decided I wanted this plan. Of course, someone transferred me to her that time also, so I have no idea which branch she was in.

Today, of course, this plan which is on their frakkin' website didn't show up on the screens of the people I was speaking to. The final guy assured me he would transfer me to the right person to handle my switch, and I briefly believed him, until I hit the automated service saying that the renewals office was closed and If you'd like to leave a message... Tomorrow, the person who checks messages will hear my inarticulate exhale of despair and bewilderment before I hung up.

I thought telling them the exact plan I wanted by name was going to be the easy part. Frak!

2 comments:

  1. Don't even get me started. The health insurance game is a complete and total joke. For me it was finding out that HAVING health insurance doesn't necessarily mean you are COVERED by said health insurance! Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so many hoops to contend with for such little benefit. If I felt people's health was actually a primary concern, the hassle might not bother me so much.

    ReplyDelete