24 January 2008

Bullet time

As soon as I typed that title, it occurred to me I wasn't sure I knew how to make bullets, but let's just forge ahead and see what happens.
  • If you're in the LA area or NYC, go see THE AIR I BREATHE Friday night.

    Sure the film features Forest Whitaker, Brendan Fraser, Andy Garcia, Sarah
    Michelle Gellar, Emile Hirsch, Kevin Bacon, and Julie Delpy, but I want you to see it for William Maier. A friend of mine is in a movie with Buffy; I believe he gets his ass kicked by Andy Garcia- how cool is that? I'm so proud of him.

    I really want to see the film, but for it to come anywhere near my sleepy burg during its broader release on Feb 8th, it needs to do well this weekend.

    The venues listed below are taken from the film's Myspace Page blog. Double-check locations and find screening times via theater links there.

    VENUES FOR JAN 25th:

    LOS ANGELES:
    1) In LA: Laemmle Sunset 5 Theater **Q&As WITH DIRECTOR JIEHO LEE AND CO-WRITER BOB DEROSA FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT AT SUNSET 5**
    2) In Pasadena: Laemmle One Colorado
    3) In Irvine: Regal/Edwards Westpark 8
    4) In Burbank: AMC Burbank Town Center 6
    5) In Orange: AMC 30 at The Block

    NEW YORK CITY:
    1) AMC Empire 25 Theater (Midtown)
    2) AMC Loews Village 7 Theater (Downtown)

    Rest of the Country (Will open on Feb 8)
    1) PORTLAND: Regal Fox Tower
    2) SAN DIEGO: AMC Fashion Valley 20
    3) SAN FRANCISCO: Sundance Kabuki Theater
    4) SEATTLE: Regal Meridan 16
    5) CHICAGO: AMC Piper's Alley 4
    Other cities will be added as well, but are not confirmed yet --the more people see it the first weekend, the more theaters will be added, so please tell a friend.

  • Hmm, that first bullet could've been a whole post.

  • Suzanne Pleshette died earlier this week. I always loved her gravelly voice. At 70, however, she was only ~2 years older than my parents which I find a bit unnerving.

  • Heath Ledger: I first read about his death in a shared blog feed and thought/hoped it was some poor joke until I checked the google news page where the story of his death was the apex.

    He was younger than me which I hadn't realized, and that really bummed me out. I've been a fan since he screamed my name in Roar.

  • My sinuses have been kicking my ass this week. Been nauseated the past couple days, even threw up yesterday. Had ginger ale and saltines for breakfast today and even that felt like pushing my luck. Ready for a weather change.
Technorati tags: , ,

5 comments:

  1. Oh gosh. I also read about Heath Ledger's death on a celebrity blog and thought it was a joke... I seriously checked to make sure it wasn't April Fool's Day (in January!!!). I feel bad for being so upset, because so many people die each day that aren't celebrities... it just seems like a waster of a young life, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! it's coming here! i'll have to go see it and tell you all about it. :) it has a lot of great actors in it. thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kilax: Wasted potential, that's it. With celebrities it's more easily seen, I guess.

    sizzle: Cool. You're welcome. I know Will would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Heath Ledger had some serious talent. I'd never heard of Roar until right now. Must add to Netflix queue...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely some chops. I'm not surprised you hadn't heard of Roar. It was pretty short lived... 12-14 episodes maybe?

    ReplyDelete