21 April 2007

Trees fight back

More burning today, always good fun. I felt like Hercules when I pulled a dead tree down with my bare hands.

Ok, I was wearing gloves. And there was rope. And my dad helped. Still, after numerous coordinated heaves, it was very satisfying when it thumped to the ground.

Not long after, I sat on a rock a few feet from the fire to take a break. The wind picked up and a stick about 16 inches long and an inch and half in diameter smacked into my shoulder, flipping over to hit my wrist.

"Ow!" I scowled at the stick, picked it up, and threw it into the fire. I turned to the woods and said, "Don't even think about messing with me."

Technorati tags: ,

5 comments :

  1. I wouldn't want to mess with you.....action woman! It's really great to get everything done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try out for "Survivor!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. And she can even tame nature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rach: action in all too small bursts, I'm afraid.

    Sizzle: Oh how my parents would laugh at that comment. Aside from burning once a year for 2-3 days, I spend very little time doing yard work. And I've never cared for camping (unless say, I'm in a hammock in a screened in porch ;)

    Neil: Again, the parents would laugh, particularly mom who watches Survivor "for the scenery." Besides, a guy from my graduating class in college already won Survivor a few years back.

    Mel: every once in a while. ;)

    ReplyDelete