08 February 2021

Bacon

Mom was watching a cooking show when I passed by, well, a cooking competition show. The contestants were adults and it looked like they had paper cones propped in stands to keep them upright filled with bacon strips.

"Their bacon looks good," I commented, meaning it was uniformly dark brown how I like it. It looked like it would snap to the touch, also how I like it.

"It's carrot bacon," Mom said.

I considered her statement for a moment quizzically. 

"You mean it's not bacon at all?"

"Right."

"Hmm. I like carrots too much as they are to screw them up." Didn't seem like a promising ingredient to me. I would try it but without much in the way of positive expectations. I won't be going out of my way to procure it.


10 years ago on TTaTBleck

No comments:

Post a Comment