21 April 2020

Something big and black

When I was eating lunch/breakfast today, I saw something big and black moving through the woods.

"What's that?" I said, my excitement rising with the thought it could be a bear.

After a moment I decided it was just a big black dog.

"Hey, is that Rosco?" I said, standing up to get a better look.

I lost sight of him behind the grill but then found him again walking through the yard towards the street.

Yes, Rosco.

I was happy to see him. The last time had been months ago another time he'd gone walkabout, but he'd crossed a more heavily trafficked road at the end of the street. One of his owners had been following after him, but I never saw if she caught up with him.

As I watched him out the kitchen window today, he stopped and seemed to be looking back at me. I waved.

Then he took a whiz on the pachysandra before heading to the house across the street where Apollo lives. I'd seen Apollo out for a walk on leash with his owners earlier but was pretty sure he was back inside.

A while later the rain picked up and then it started snowing heavily. I hope Rosco decided to go home or that his owners caught up with him before that.

Stay safe, Rosco!


10 years ago on TTaT: Gettin' My Groove On... (vol. xv)

No comments:

Post a Comment