25 November 2017

The Mystery of Sleep: Why a Good Night's Rest Is Vital to a Better, Healthier Life

The Mystery of Sleep: Why a Good Night's Rest Is Vital to a Better, Healthier Life46. The Mystery of Sleep: Why a Good Night's Rest Is Vital to a Better, Healthier Life by Meir H. Kryger

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


It contains a lot of good information, but the presentation bummed me out*, so my rating averages out to a three.

I'd recommend reading it out of order. Use the contents and index to find what matters to you and then skip to chapters 18-20 for some helpful info.


*In which case I mean how often he repeats that women are affected more by sleep disorders than men, are more likely to be misdiagnosed, and often suffer the consequences more when a male sleep partner is actually the one with the disorder.

There's nothing inaccurate in that assessment, but I didn't leave the book feeling more optimistic than before I started it.

8 years ago on TTaT: Thanksgiving haiku: Back to the Future

No comments:

Post a Comment