01 January 2017

DC Comics: Bombshells, Vol. 2: Allies

DC Comics: Bombshells, Vol. 2: Allies58. DC Comics: Bombshells, Vol. 2: Allies by Marguerite Bennett; Art by Laura Braga, Mirka Andolfo, Marguerite Sauvage and others

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Thoroughly enjoyed seeing more of Wonder Woman, Batwoman, Supergirl, Stargirl, Aquawoman, and many other female characters.

Though it's set in 1940 in an alternate version of World War 2, there is timely commentary on the treatment of refugees and on how we treat each other generally. I also love that there are women who love women and women with fluid sexuality in this book.

I'll also give a shout out to Steve Trevor who is, for a change, a character I like in this series.

I look forward to reading more of DC Comics Bombshells!


10 years ago on TTaT: 2007: Engage

No comments:

Post a Comment