06 May 2014

Milkshake?

I'm not sure what it is, but I've been craving chocolate milkshakes lately. After dinner tonight, I stopped at Ben & Jerry's to get one.

When I walked in, a young woman behind the counter spied me scanning the wall menu and asked, "Are you going to need a minute?"

"Yes."

"That's fine, take your time," she said with a smile.

All their various frozen concoctions had prices next to them except for milkshakes. Hmm.

"Excuse me, how much is a milkshake?"

"It depends on what size you get. It's $4.80 for a small up to $5.30 for a large. And it's 30¢ extra if you want whipped cream."

"Well for that I may as well get a sundae."

She smiled at my logic.

A banana fudge royale was $4.95 and included ice cream, banana slices, whipped cream, hot fudge and/or caramel sauce, nuts, and even sprinkles if you wanted them (though who in their right mind would?).

It was a simple value assessment and very tasty.


3 years ago on TTaT: Life of Art SitRep #65 Time sneaking past

No comments:

Post a Comment