06 October 2015

Home-grown Carrot Round-up

Over the past few months, I've been chowing down on three types of carrots grown from seeds: Mokum hybrid, Short & Sweet, and Little Finger.

I did not choose them as I never would've considered a carrot seed called "Little Finger" to be appetizing. And I would've been right. Little Finger is my least favorite of the three. I'll go further and say that I actually prefer grocery store baby carrots over these. Little Finger carrots lack a satisfying snap when you bite into them. And they aren't sweet.

Second place goes to Short & Sweet. I like them better than grocery store carrots, but they are weirdly shaped. Kind of like a turnip or a top, wedge shaped.

The Mokum hybrid carrots are in another league. Sweet, tasty, great snap. By far and away my favorite.

On a scale of 1 to 7, where higher numbers are better:
Mokum hybrid: 7
Short & Sweet: 4
Grocery store baby carrots: 3
Little Finger: 2
Do you have a particular carrot you love? Share it in the comments.


10 years ago on TTaT: Show and Tell: My Closet

No comments:

Post a Comment