02 April 2010

Life of Art SitRep #8

A series to mark what I did to further my pursuit of a life sustained by my art each week. Committing to these posts is a commitment to action, because to have content for them, I have to do something. Every week.

If you have any sort of goal you're pursuing, feel free to share your efforts of the past week in the comments. Encouragement is also welcome.

*******
This week, I
  • Catalogued and sleeved 9 rolls of negatives. Removed irritating/damaging packaging.
  • Chala got back to me and identified flowers from last week as gladiolus.
  • Made postcards, cards, prints for Canted Gladioli, Gladioli, and Petrified Wood for my shop:
  • Tweeted and FB'd new zazzle product folder links.
  • Revised store intro a bit, moved some info to product info folder to bring more images up on front screen. Also changed background color to black giving more uniform look since it blends with zazzle's header that way.
  • Revised/rewrote my zazzle profile.
  • Scanned and color corrected old family polaroid.
  • Marked scratches on 2 sample scans for customer service. Resolved issue. Huzzah!
  • Drew 1 sketch, a doozy though. ;)
  • Shot 239 photos. I had a plan for returning to a location at my best prediction of its optimal conditions, but I started to feel it wouldn't look how I wanted when the weather shifted a bit. Outside influences confirmed that feeling, but I decided to go anyway, to stick to the plan just in case. I'm so glad I did because it looked like what I originally planned for. You guys are gonna love these shots.
*******

What did you do to pursue the life you want this week?


A year ago on TTaT: Second breakfast...

No comments:

Post a Comment