31 December 2009

The best way to begin anything

This video has been out since July, but I just saw it for the first time today. Definitely ranks high for me among web videos, and it's the best wedding entrance I've ever seen.

I don't really expect to get married, but after hearing the bride and groom's first song, "Why Do Fools Fall In Love?" at a friend's wedding years ago, I started making a playlist for my nonexistent reception so future busyness would not doom me to such a song. For the first time ever, I started to consider what my wedding, if ever such a thing were to occur, might be like: duration of ceremony, clothes, food, and of course, music.

I'm not a get-walked-down-the-aisle-by-Dad sort of person, but otherwise I hadn't given it much thought. What I love about Jill and Kevin's entrance is that it's fun; the music and dancing take out the solemness and stiffness and replace it with joy.

I would like to say: YES! If ever... Something like that... but I don't currently know enough people who I'd want in my hypothetical wedding who'd be willing to dance down the aisle. Guess I should I work on that. :)


3 years ago on TTaT: The books of 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment