15 January 2006

Tagged

Scholiast tagged me with the 5 weird habits meme, so here goes:

1. Often when signing my name quickly, it will look like I've misspelled it, leaving out the "i" or the "e." This drives me crazy, so I'll try to fix it if I can do so without making it look like some bad forgery.

2. I always sit through all of the credits when I go to a movie, during which I don't want anyone to talk to me.

3. I typically greet my Dad in Spanish or French even though he doesn't speak either.

4. Keeping my dirty clothes in a pile on the floor is restful to my mind since it so often pursues perfection.

5. I carry a tape measure on my key chain and use it fairly often.

I've lost track of who has already done this meme, so I'm not tagging this time around. If you'd like to play, by all means consider yourself tagged. You just need to post about five weird habits you have, explain this rule, and tag five people.

tags: ,

5 comments:

  1. I greet my kids in Greek - and expect them to answer. And I sit through the credits (not that I go the cinema that often - but I did even when I went 3 times a week!). I leave my clothes in a pile on a chair. Well, I'll try changing that now, as we (i.e. my hubby) recently installed a large wardrobe!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. I often see the final frames of the reel pull out of the projector. This is sometimes problematic when I'm with other people. I usually tell them I'll meet them in the lobby.

    On the rare occasion it's a second viewing of the movie, I'm less fanatic about seeing the credits again if I'm with other people.

    The only other thing that might prevent it is if my knee seizes up super painfully. It did during one of the LOTR films as I recall, but it's been ok lately (knock wood).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think your habits are so weird

    Over the years, my signature has lost many letters. My first name now only has one (the J) and my last name only has the first 3 letters. If I live long enough, I won't have any letters left.

    Movie credits? I have to watch from opening credit to ending credit. I just can't enjoy a movie if I don't know who the Best Boy is.

    I speak in Spanish, French or Amslan, even though I'm not fluent in any of those languages.

    I don't carry a tape measure, but it sounds like a great idea.

    The only weird thing is the dirty clothes on the floor. But maybe that's just the Mom in me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weird is in the eye of the beholder it seems.

    My last name is much like yours in my signature. It starts falling apart at the second letter and then becomes a wavy line. I just feel compelled to keep my first name intact.

    As for the clothes, I've got minimal floor space and the available hamper would block other bookshelves and things. It's also tall and deep so you'd have to dump it out at some point anyway. It just makes sense to me.

    ReplyDelete