21 June 2021

Utility Pole

Today the last line got removed and the power company removed 2 of the old utility poles. Doesn't take much to pull those suckers out. Just grab it with the robotic arm, wiggle it some, and then lift. Then 2 guys shoveled dirt into the hole.

I was shooting video and photographs of the process out of an upstairs window.

A 3rd man started walking across the yard towards the house and was looking right at me.

Oh god, why is he coming this way? I was still in my pajamas.

He yelled up, "Hello!"

"Hey," I yelled back.

"Did we do something wrong?"

"No!"

"Because we saw the camera..."

"It's just interesting," I yelled.

"Oh. Thank you," he yelled, not really understanding I don't think but reassured.

"Thank you," I yelled. Heat was pouring in from outside and the sun felt like it was just starting to burn the backs of my hands, so I closed the window and pulled the curtains shut.

I peeked out a few minutes later and they were driving away.


15 years ago on TTaT#28, ahead of schedule

No comments:

Post a Comment