24 December 2019

I evaded The Little Drummer Boy this year AKA I Won!

It seems crazy, but I've been playing The Little Drummer Boy Challenge since 2011.

The rules from the site:
It’s very easy: So long as you don’t hear “The Little Drummer Boy,” you’re a contender. As soon as you hear it on the radio, on TV, in a store, wherever, you’re out.

The game begins the day after Thanksgiving (Black Friday) at 12:01 am and continues until midnight, Dec. 23. If you haven’t been puh-rum-pum-pum-pummed, you win. For this year, anyway.
The first four years I won which made me cocky, then I lost 3 years in a row. It was wearing on me. Last year after I won, I swore it off, but once you know the rules to the game you can't un-know them.

I approached this year sort of Russian Roulette style, watching xmas episodes, perusing stores and letting chance fall where it may. However, I have not set foot in Walmart since before Thanksgiving. (They always seem to have it playing as part of an ad for themselves.)

Last night, I lucked out when I spent two hours walking through a winter lights display that not only had Christmas songs playing but medleys! That was like three times the song exposure. But The Boy was not there and I prevailed.

Happy Holidays!


8 years ago on TTaT: An xmas eve glimpse

No comments:

Post a Comment