17 June 2019

Today's Sightings

The goth girl. I had heard tell of her but hadn't seen her for myself until today. She's about 11 years old and was wearing black leggings, a black t-shirt with white words on it that I couldn't read from where I was, and a large black sun hat.

She was walking the yappy little dog, but with her it was very well behaved and didn't make a peep.

Before going out I told myself I wasn't going to photograph any more poppies since I already have so many I've taken. However, a fresh, new bloom was literally lying across the path I was taking. Fine, I will photograph you. It really was a gorgeous blossom. Most of them are pretty beat up at this point. This year was spectacular for them in the yard with a great many blooming. Much more than past years.

The dogwood blooms were also very cool.

Near the top of the street, I heard a hose running. They must be watering. Rosco's probably inside then. I proceeded with confidence for a few strides and then was startled by barking.

Rosco was clearly out somewhere and I soon spotted him. He was standing on a table that was part of a portable outdoor shower rig. Bath time.

I was relieved two people were with him on either side. His owner was reassuring Rosco that it was OK and I was just walking by. I really did not want a wet dog charging at me. Fortunately he seemed content to stay where he was and didn't seem to be trying to leap free.

I was just thrown because I couldn't place his bark. Sometimes it means, "Hey, talk to me, not them!" if I happen to chat with his owners. Other times, it's "Hello!"

This time either he didn't recognize me or maybe it was, "Hey, I can't play right now. They insist I do this bathing thing on occasion. Come back when I'm done!"

Also sighted: really pretty purple irises, purple petunias, lavender verbena, chenille plant (it looks fuzzy), and 2 different "Congratulations Grad" balloons that still had some lift tied to a mailbox.


10 years ago on TTaT: Move More

No comments:

Post a Comment