10 June 2016

Life of Art SitRep #330 Creating, Curating, Cultivating, and Culling

When it comes to photography, I find that creating and culling go hand in hand...when I'm keeping up in a timely fashion. This week, I created 77 photographs and culled 34 of them.

Oddly it was a more satisfying accomplishment to ditch 139 photos I took last year. Getting closer to finishing that large culling process which was postponed due to computer issues last year. Believe me, it's much easier if you can weed your images as you upload them.

Also deleted 13 images from further back in my archive. Need to get in a habit of doing that. If I'm scrolling through images and see some that should obviously go, I need to at least mark them as such so I don't waste time looking past them again.

Finished creating my new line of Seafoam Green and Navy Stripes products. I really like how this birthday card came out. All the text is customizable if you want a different number or to make it for an anniversary instead:
Outdoor Seafoam Green and Navy Stripes Outdoor Pillow
Outdoor Seafoam Green and Navy Stripes Outdoor Pillow by RocklawnArts
Look at Seafoam green navy stripes Pillows online at Zazzle.com
Diagonal Beach Stripes, Seafoam Green and Navy Fleece Blanket
Diagonal Beach Stripes, Seafoam Green and Navy Fleece Blanket by RocklawnArts
Find other Diagonal beach stripes Fleece Blankets at zazzle.com

Revised my Classic Navy and White Gingham Plaid Blocks Fabric:

Curated a new collection of Blue Geometric Fabrics:

Rocklawn Arts blogged New Luggage at Rocklawn Arts!, New Seafoam Green and Navy Stripes pattern, and New Blue Geometric Fabrics Collection. (The last will be up on Tuesday next week.)

Took another small step with my side project. Starting looking through a smart collection of photographs and put a few possibilities in another collection.

Watched the free 30 Days of Genius interview with Tina Roth Eisenberg—fun and inspiring.

Watched 3 Brush Lettering workshops on Creative Live. Definitely some things I want to try. This is where the cultivating comes in, cultivating new ideas and processes.

Also watched How To Digitize Hand-Drawn Art workshop. It was free to download. Mostly things I already knew but might be helpful if you had no idea where to start.

Deleted 12 products from my shop. I'd meant to do more.

Made monthly backups. Have you backed up lately?


10 years ago on TTaT: Original Broadway Cast Recording

No comments:

Post a Comment