18 March 2014

That Time of Year

Most of the ground is still covered with several inches of snow, but the sun is out, the sky is blue, and the temperature hit just above 40.

Feels gorgeous.

My car needed gas so I took advantage of the beautiful day to fill it up. Made me realize just how filthy it is from all the salt, dirt, and splashes accumulated over our enduring winter. I cleaned off my windshield (twice), the rear windshield, and gave the side windows and side mirrors a quick once over. I briefly considered trying to clean off more of my car, but it seemed excessive for the little gas station sponge/squeegee.

I'll take it to a car wash eventually, but it's still too early. Even under the best meteorological conditions, there's a lot of melting yet to do and drying after that. By the time I got home, my windshield was already covered with a fine dirty mist.


4 years ago on TTaT: Shots from The Spring Bulb Show

No comments:

Post a Comment