13 January 2011

Life of Art SitRep #49 Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch

Every week, I work towards creating a life of art for myself. This is the zigzag filled journey.

Play along in the comments with your own pursuits if you'd like. (That's where I'll cheer you on.)
*******
This week, I

  • Shot 412 photos of snow scenes starting with some exposure tests. Need to overexpose about 1 1/2 stops to bring snow up to white, sometimes more with the camera I'm using. (It's not really overexposing, it's compensating for the camera's reflective meter which gives a reading to produce neutral grey (AKA 18% grey) rather than white.)

    The day of the blizzard I only lasted outside for 15 minutes. Need to find a much warmer glove solution that still lets me fiddle with camera controls.


  • Shot 2 videos.


  • Made horizontal and vertical necklace templates.


  • Made Adobe Corridor, Sandstone Fins Close Up, Two Chairs Buried in Snow, and Downtown Kansas City premium keychains to take advantage of square format. All previously made keychains offer premium keychain option, so I don't have to redo them.


  • Changed sale info on intro store page for Rocklawn Arts on Zazzle to binder sale for rest of January:
    Get $9 Off Custom Avery Binders through January 31, 2011 at 11:59 PM PT.

    Use code: BINDERS4SALE



  • Tweeted, Zblogged binder sale.


  • Made customizable Burning Brush Valentine's Day ornament:


  • Revised Adobe Corridor, Adobe Passageway, Blue Bokeh, and Bokeh in Spring descriptions with image links. Ridiculously time consuming because I kept making small tweaks. Have settled on a revised format though and figured out how to greatly simplify my life later with a little more effort now.


  • Moved ornaments to back of store folders unless they were hearts.


  • Added "Adobe Corridor" to tags for its products. Including title seems to help with google search results. I want my zazzle store pages to show up more readily than my zazzle blog, y'know?


  • Submitted links to 4 forum leads and added 1 for my American Southwest Scenes lens.


  • Added signature to squidU forum profile. Left some comments on lenses to people who welcomed me on forum.


  • Updated online sales file.


  • Updated copyright notice on blog. Noticed I had 2 in sidebar, deleted one. Saved backup of template.


  • Read January 2011 Popular Photography.


  • Watched "HDR Efex Pro" and "Portrait Retouching in Camera Raw" tutorials.


  • Watched "Camera Raw 6 - Noise Reduction" and "Expanding The Edges Of An Image" Photoshop tutorials.


  • Watched "Intro to the Barre" guitar tutorial.


  • Tweeted Friday 4 hour sale, 50% off calendars.



  • *******

    How are your pursuits going?


    A year ago on TTaT: Ruin: Photographs of a Vanishing America

    If you liked this post, please share it using the links below.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment