I saw a version of this at Kapgar yesterday, but I first saw this at Javi's a couple months ago.
- no puppets or cartoons.
- no mini-series.
- no reality show people.
- all characters must be regulars on the show.
In no particular order:
1. Thomas Magnum (Tom Selleck) Magnum, P.I.- Hawaii, mysteries, outrunning dobermans to the ferrari, Vietnam flashbacks, and a little voice that gets him through it all.
2. Buffy Summers (Sarah Michelle Geller) BtVS- "Kicking ass is comfort food."
3. Willow Rosenberg (Alyson Hannigan) BtVS- Such a great character evolution, goddess indeed.
4. Spike, William the Bloody (James Marsters) BtVS anyone? Contagious evil glee!
5. Jaye Tyler (Caroline Dhavernas) Wonderfalls- 14 eps is not nearly enough of this character, stupid Fox. She is that rare cynical character that you do actually love.
6. KC Koloski (Marg Helgenberger) China Beach- Damaged, ambitious, quite the entrepeneur, tough, a survivor. Been a Marg fan ever since.
7. Colleen McMurphy (Dana Delaney) China Beach- Really one of the best shows ever; they should put it on dvd.
8. River Tam (Summer Glau) Firefly- More Joss Whedon?
9. Malcolm Reynolds (Nathan Fillion) Firefly- Looks like. I'd totally include Faith, but she was never credited as a regular on BtVS.
10. Dr. Who (Tom Baker and David Tennant) Dr. Who- One set of clothes really can suffice for any time and situation.
11. Veronica Mars (Kristen Bell) Veronica Mars- Smart and savvy teen detective runs down her own clues backed up by Mr. Sparky. May she have a long and glorious reign on The CW.
12. Chloe Sullivan (Allison Mack) Smallville- Insatiable curiosity tempered only by steadfast loyalty.
13. Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson (Kyra Sedgwick) The Closer- If ever you had any doubt that you should get an attorney when you speak to the police, watching her in action will dispel it.
14. Alan Shore (James Spader) Boston Legal- A bit of a lech, but generous and able to compellingly argue any case.
15. Shirley Schmidt (Candace Bergen) Boston Legal- Showing sexy and desirable need not be limited to the young.
16. Vala Mal Doran (Claudia Black) Stargate: SG1- A late but most welcome addition to the series. Smart and sexy thief/con artist who can take care of herself joins the team to fight the good fight.
17. Julia Sugarbaker (Dixie Carter) Designing Women- Pure class.
18. Captain Benjamin Sisko (Avery Brooks) ST: DS9- Love that voice. Being set on a space station gave his character the benefit of more development than the other series' captains imo.
19. President Laura Roslin (Mary McDonnell) BSG- Just because she was the Secretary of Education doesn't mean she can't be badass and make the tough decisions.
20. Greg Sanders (Eric Szmanda) CSI- A young man with eclectic interests who gave up more profitable lab work to find his way fighting crime in the field.
21. Cristina Yang (Sandra Oh) Grey's Anatomy- blunt but not so unflappable as she'd like everyone to believe.
22. Paris Geller (Liza Weil) Gilmore Girls- taking tactlessness to a whole new level. Remember when Liza played the wife of the schizophrenic who killed Lucy and stabbed Carter on ER? Oh how far she's come, and grateful am I to see her comedic work.
23. Claire Fisher (Lauren Ambrose) Six Feet Under- The eyerolling looks she gives her mother and brothers? Priceless. I've only seen a couple seasons so far, so I'm looking forward to catching the rest as it unfolds on Bravo.
24. Dr. Niles Crane (David Hyde Pierce) Frasier- Intellectual, cultured and clueless. Not often you get to see a man swoon on tv.
25. CJ Cregg (Allison Janney) West Wing- charm and disarm
As Joss said, "I reserve the right to wake up tomorrow and scream bloody murder at remembering the 25 I actually like much better. In fact, I think I'll do it now. BLOODY MURRDERRRR!!!!!"
One year ago at TTaT: Struggling to do the wrong thing
tags: meme, 25+favorite+tv+characters