23 April 2005

Instantaneous transport, part two of sorts

As good as instantaneous travel would be, it wouldn't actually eliminate all travel induced arguments. It would require a level of decisiveness I rarely see in people. On the upside, if you went somewhere and changed your mind, it would be easy to go somewhere else, assuming a widespread network of transport pads (if needed) and no waiting lines. What I'd really miss is the places en route like Nostalgiaville, USA, the world's tallest thermometer, and the mini-mart in a mountain that I never would've seen if I hadn't been driving across the country. But then considering how easy it'd be to travel abroad to places I've always wanted to go but just can't afford, it might well make up for missing some roadside attractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment