29 November 2014

Keep Your Head In The Game

Was out shopping at Michael's looking for one thing to use a 50% off coupon on. They didn't have the type of paper I had in mind, so I was perusing other items. After a few minutes, I started bopping along to an old version of "Baby, It's Cold Outside" and it registered in my brain that they were playing Christmas music.

What am I doing?! I thought to myself in a panic. I'm lingering. Just pick something and go before the song changes!

I really hadn't been thinking. The Little Drummer Boy Challenge starts the day after Thanksgiving and runs until Christmas Eve. As soon as you hear any of the myriad versions of "The Little Drummer Boy," you're out.

In a stroke of luck, there was only one person ahead of me at the register. The song did change, I don't remember to what, but it wasn't The Song and that's all that mattered.

Thankfully, I got out in time. I'm still in!


ETA 2/15/15: I made it all the way through! For reference, I first played this game in December of 2011, and I'm currently 4 for 4 with wins as of this date.



A year ago on TTaT: That kind of day?

No comments:

Post a Comment