10 May 2013

Life of Art SitRep #170 Forgiveness or Permission

Looking at the 3 quick photos I took of my artwork in the exhibit, I see where I could move my artist statement so that it would be at eye level rather than waist level as it is now. It's very tempting to just go in and do it, but the gallery is attached to a library, so any hammering would really draw attention. Also, I know most of the people who work there.

"What's the worst they could do?" you ask. Well, they could ban me from the building and revoke my library card. That would be a fucking tragedy. I'd rather leave the exhibit alone than lose my library privileges. So instead I've sent an email to the person I know best there explaining what's up and asking when a good time to move it would be. Fingers crossed, we'll see what happens.

This week, I also created three new designs: Navy and White Diamond Pattern, White and Navy Diamond Pattern, and Black and White Zigzag.
Black and White Zigzag
Black and White Zigzag by RocklawnArts
Check out more Pattern Plates at Zazzle

The zigzag pattern seems pretty simple, but I'm proud of it because I translated an idea to a sketch to a design using various skills I'd learned on creative LIVE put together in the most efficient way I could devise.

Rocklawn Arts blogged Navy and White Diamond Pattern and White and Navy Diamond Pattern.

Started work on another water photograph.

Did some archive maintenance. Deleted 41 photographs, added tags to others as needed.

How was your week?


3 years ago on TTaT: Burning Matches

No comments:

Post a Comment