04 August 2011

Life of Art SitRep #78 Logistics

Every week, I work towards creating a life of art for myself. This is the zigzag filled journey.

Play along in the comments with your own pursuits if you'd like. (That's where I'll cheer you on.)
*******
Big picture logistics were occupying my mind this week which will likely alter my short term goals and strategies in favor of some longterm thinking. Feels important so I think it's worth altering course for a bit to get sorted.

This week, I

  • Shot 181 photographs: maidenhair ferns, flowers, views at a local park.

  • Made Bokeh in Spring, Circle With Fire Escape, Construction Crane, Burning Brush, Crane and Counterweight, Desert Silhouette, Double Arch cards with message templates.

  • Initially [zig] made blank cards direct only, but later [zag] made those blank cards visible to everyone again and added "blank card" to their tags. Started adding "blank card" to blanks as I create the new ones with message templates.

  • Rearranged my Rocklawn Arts store more by category rather than color.

  • Rearranged and deleted some featured products in my store.

  • Rearranged some store folders a bit.

  • Watched Lighten Up and Shoot Creative Live workshop.
  • The main thrust of this course was getting comfortable approaching strangers on the street to take their pictures. I totally get the value of it but feel pretty damn certain that I do not, in fact, want to earn a living taking people's photographs. Which is a shame really since that's the bread and butter of Joe and Jane Photographer. Clarity is useful too though and I did learn more about using flash. I learn something useful from all of their workshops no matter how unlikely the topic seems. Also won a monopod, so it was totally worth my time. :D
  • Submitted store links to 4 lenses.

  • Tweeted some sales.

  • Sent thanks DMs to new twitter followers.

  • Finished reading the chapter on selections in Photoshop CS5: the Missing Manual by Lesa Snider.

  • Watched "Scaling Layer Style Effects" Photoshop tutorial.

  • *******
    How are your pursuits going?


    A year ago on TTaT: I'm not going to apologize

    2 comments:

    1. For me "logistics" and "life of art" always feel contradictory. Which is probably one of many reasons I'm not rich and famous....

      ReplyDelete
    2. They are in many ways. If that past 78 weeks have taught me anything, it's that a life of art needs a huge chunk of it devoted to promotion, which *mournful laugh* I really need to do more of.

      ReplyDelete