13 May 2006

Sense of smell

Not just smell, sense of smell. It's the sense part that'll fool ya. Like right now, my brain is thinking pork chops and it's all wrong because it's popcorn. I don't even care for pork chops. Maybe it's the salt, the rain, or struggling through the anti-hurl this past day and a half.

Oh right, I didn't tell you about that. The anti-hurl: yesterday afternoon just as I was getting ready to go out, right after pulling on another layer, I suddenly felt like I was going to vomit. I peeled the extra layers off, stood in my bathroom supporting some weight with a hand on the counter, waiting. But then quite surprisingly, the nausea passed. Not completely, but enough so that I could choose, and I chose not to make myself throw up.

That seems obvious, but I suspect this was brought on by very mild food poisoning. I really should've known better because it actually crossed my mind that seafood of any sort must be the worst thing to eat past its time. Anyway, I'm still a bit queasy today-- not so much I'm reduced to saltines, but enough that ginger ale tastes perfect. Actually that sounds pretty good, maybe I'll nibble on that before I go to bed.

tags: ,

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. Not so much yet, but I usually feel better later in the day so that's something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete