23 December 2005

Note to self

That whole gather the paper up around the gift, scrunch the top, and tie a bow around it doesn't actually make for easier wrapping. Next time, use the flexible paper that doesn't crease well (and is conversely hard to wrap normally with) for that enterprise.

Bah. I stuck that one towards the back of the tree. This is what happens when your sister-in-law says, "Oh hey, I'm having some things sent directly, and they didn't offer gift-wrapping. Could you snag them and wrap them? Thanks."

5 comments:

  1. "Oh hey, I'm having some things sent directly, and they didn't offer gift-wrapping. Could you snag them and wrap them?"

    Answer: No.

    My wrapping didn't go so well either. In fact, the presents look truly terrible this year. I had to hide them behind the spider plant of shame since we didn't put up a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, see, you cut the 'thanks' from the quote. She had already assumed the sale, i.e. gave me no choice. (She actually offered to wrap gifts for my niece if we ordered stuff online so we wouldn't have to pay for shipping twice. Just turned out I didn't need her help.)

    Otherwise, my wrapping went pretty well this year. It's all about cutting the paper to the right size... then it works out well. If you have too much, it just gets crushed and messy.

    I have 2 more to go for her, but they haven't shown up yet. I was actually ahead of schedule this year. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate wrapping. I may as well wrap presents with my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're a good candidate for decorative bags, Sam. Just stuff some tissue paper in the top and maybe some ribbon around the handles and you're set. :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds expensive, though...you can get 3 rolls of wrapping paper for a pound in town(!)

    My ideal solution is simply not to give out presents.

    ReplyDelete