22 March 2015

19. The Principles Of Pattern: For Craftsmen And Designers

The Principles Of Pattern: For Craftsmen And Designers19. The Principles Of Pattern: For Craftsmen And Designers by Richard M. Proctor

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I read the hardcover version of this. Chock full of images demonstrating the basic pattern types and their arrangements: square, brick and half-drop, diamond, triangle, ogee, hexagon, circle, and scale.

It's not a how-to book, more of a things can fit together in all these different ways.

The selected bibliography in the back has some books I'd like to check out if I can find them.

The only thing that annoyed me was that he attributed a significant number of examples to "students of the author" while carefully attributing everything else.

Aside from that, there's a lot to be inspired by.


Two years ago on TTaT: Life of Art SitRep #163 Blue Abstract

No comments:

Post a Comment