02 September 2011

Life of Art SitRep #82

Every week, I work towards creating a life of art for myself. This is the zigzag filled journey.

Play along in the comments with your own pursuits if you'd like. (That's where I'll cheer you on.)
*******
8 Days Left! Through September 10, 2011, I'm donating 50% of my proceeds from Rocklawn Arts to 50 for 50, Colleen Wainwright's amazing fundraiser for WriteGirl, "a nonprofit organization for high school girls centered on the craft of creative writing and empowerment through self-expression."

My photographs and designs are available on a wide variety of cool gifts: cards, prints/posters, binders, postage, mugs, magnets, iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch cases, Keds sneakers, and other delightful sundries.

You can get free standard shipping (details at my shop), so no excuses! Buy a postcard or something and help me help Colleen raise $50,000 for WriteGirl.

Please help spread the word!

This week, I

  • Shot 219 photographs: storm damage, flooded golf course, hibiscus, etc.

  • Tweeted, FB'd, zBlogged and RA blogged 50% off posters sale.

    Zazzle has completely revamped their poster interface so it's simple to select size and paper type as well as mattes and frames if you like. They're also offering wrapped canvas now. I need to rewrite all of my poster descriptions to account for the changes, but for these improvements, I'm glad to do it.
    Save 50% on all wrapped canvas, prints, and posters!

    Code: DECKYOURWALL
    Offer is valid through September 7, 2011 at 11:59pm PT.

  • Made River Water Ripples, Sandstone Fins cards with message templates.
    ImageImage

  • Started Rainbow Polka Dots image. Made 2 versions of it. Went back to first version, initial instincts were right, and finished it. Excited because I was able to apply things I'd learned about Photoshop as well as suss out some great time savers for arranging my various layers. It'll be in the shop soon!

  • Renamed photo files in 12 folders.

  • Submitted/emailed Circle With Fire Escape Poster to promotion blog.

  • Added text about inspiration to Rocklawn Arts lens.

  • Swapped out Downtown Kansas City and North Window cards for ones with templates in Rocklawn Arts lens.

  • Earned a lens boost. Was going to give it to RocklawnArts lens but changed my mind when I saw lenses with previous boosts or house ad got greyed out. I'd rather give RA an ad if I can score one. So instead, gave it to 50 Art Polls which may expose more people to my art and yield me more points.

  • Tweeted lots of posters with sale info.

  • Watched "Anatomy of a Photoshoot with Mark Wallace" on Creative Live.

  • *******
    How are your pursuits going?


    Two years ago on TTaT: Gettin' My Groove On... (vol. ix)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment