12 July 2008

Tan, maybe

My car registration was up for renewal and the color listed has always bothered me. There were limited choices when I first registered, but I thought maybe I'd missed an option or they'd expanded the color selection beyond black, white, red, blue, yellow, green, and brown by now.

My car is metallic beige, and for years it's been listed as yellow on my registration. I sent in the renewal with beige as my color change and just got it back. Now it reads brown. Apparently I did remember correctly: brown and yellow had been my closest options then and that's all they've got now. Might not bother me so much if I didn't hate both of those colors on cars.


A year ago on TTaT: HP #5

4 comments:

  1. You are not alone.

    The only thing that looks good in yellow is Lamborghinis and Mini Coopers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it's not just me. A mini cooper could be all right in a jaunty yellow and taxis are all right, just not for me. And hopefully not too prevalent. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad drives cars in about four different shades of red, and the distinctions between them are very important to him. I imagine him listing "flame," "torch," "ember glow" and "sunset" and all of his forms coming back saying "red." He's red-green color blind, too, so go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color blind aspect makes that perfect! ;)

    Actually, I looked up the official color for my car when I was seeing about fixing some scratches and was amused to find that it's "sandrift metallic." They have about 10 different shades of beige.

    ReplyDelete