04 November 2018

Windows

My windows have been appallingly dirty for a while now, but it's been cold &/or pouring the last few weeks, so I felt resigned to it. Today, I rubbed at the inside and the semi-opaque film started to come off so I figured even just doing the insides would be an improvement.

Doing the insides did help but they were still pretty junky on the outside. Even though it's just in the 40s out, it's sunny today. Fuck it, I thought, I can strong-arm them open and juggle them as they're pulled forward without dropping them on my computer, right?

The first window I did I had to balance the lower pane on my chest as I did the top which worked OK. Then I moved to a harder to reach window and realized I needed more of the vinegar-water mix in the sprayer.

I should've known/kind of did know this before I even started, but I really didn't think I'd try to wash the outsides. I rotated my computer so I could set the bottom pane down while I got a refill.

The last window required shoving flat head screwdrivers down the sides to get the bottom panel to release forward. I was proud of myself for remembering that and being able to finagle one on each side without dropping either once it released.

The windows aren't perfectly clean and streak free but they are so, so much better. A much clearer view of outside which I managed to achieve without breaking anything, huzzah!


10 years ago on TTaT: 3 on 3 (or why I don't play football anymore)

No comments:

Post a Comment