02 September 2018

The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars Part One

The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars Part One (Turf Wars #1)30. The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars Part One by Michael Dante DiMartino

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This story picks up directly after the animated series The Legend of Korra ends. It's like watching the next episode, so if you're not already familiar with the characters, elemental bending, and setting, I'd recommend watching those first. There's a lot of back story that develops over the series that is not rehashed in this book.

What I love about the book is that the bond I saw growing between Asami and Korra on the TV show actually pays off. I'm so accustomed to queer storylines remaining forever subtext that to see this one become main text feels amazing.

The writer DiMartino is one of the co-creators of The Legend of Korra and this is the official continuation of the series which also validates it as canon.

Thumbs way up! I can't wait to read the next one.


10 years ago on TTaT: Llamas, they won't just spit in your eye

No comments:

Post a Comment