25 October 2017

More Subconscious Earping

I dreamt I was at another Earper meetup (having been to my first actual one this past weekend). It was much smaller and a different venue, about 5 people seated around a large round table at something like a diner. One of the five was Wynonna Earp* showrunner Emily Andras.

She was asking Wynonna Earp trivia questions which started with question 2.

"You skipped question one," someone at the table pointed out.

"Nope," Emily said, "Question 2 is the first question."

OK, I shrugged.

The next question was 11. Made enough sense to me.

My glass was empty so I got up to get some more water. "May I have some water please?" I asked the guy behind the counter.

"Sure," he said, pouring me a small glass. "That'll be 57 cents."

"For tap water? Could you at least pour me a bigger glass?" I asked as I fished out a dollar to pay him.

"You should really talk to Linda," he said leading me into the back. Oddly it was not a kitchen but a sizable room with a wall to the side with a cutout window in it which made me think of the DMV. Linda was sitting behind it.

Apparently there was some paperwork I could fill out to get tap water for free, but Linda was about to leave for lunch and couldn't find it.

"What information do you need? Could I just write it out for you?" I asked, trying to move things along. I was missing the trivia game with Emily freaking Andras and did not care that much about the water.

Alas I woke up before I got back to the meetup, my brain deciding my subconscious was just jerking me around.

Still, it's always fun when people you admire turn up in your dreams.



*Why are you not watching Wynonna Earp yet?! It's coming back for season 3 in 2018, so you have time to catch up on the first two seasons.

11 years ago on TTaT: Yacht Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment