25 April 2017

The Year's Best Science Fiction & Fantasy, 2013

The Year's Best Science Fiction & Fantasy, 201324. The Year's Best Science Fiction & Fantasy, 2013 by Rich Horton

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


A bit hard to rate with around 33 diverse short stories, some OK, some I liked, some I really liked, and 1 I disliked enough I didn't finish it. Your mileage will vary based on your tastes, I suspect.

If I had edited this volume, I would've made a slimmer selection. Therefore I suggest if a story isn't grabbing you, feel free to skip to the next one. (I could've saved myself some time on a few that way.)

Not my usual sort of read, but I won a copy from Worldbuilder's annual fundraiser for Heifer International during which they have a huge lottery of books/games and other cool sundries you can win to encourage donations.

I read stories off and on over the course of a year.

Here are some of the stories I rather liked:
The Black Feminist's Guide To Science Fiction Film Editing
Scrap Dragon
The Castle That Jack Built
Twenty-Two And You
Two Houses
The Weight Of History, The Lightness Of The Future


10 years ago on TTaT: Slow Seven

No comments:

Post a Comment