15 March 2017

One Strand At A Time

When I looked down I saw two loose strands of my hair, one dark brown and the other, grey. The grey was almost invisible against the pale surface.

This was not surprising to me since I've had a small streak of grey in my hair starting when I was 16. For many years, hair dressers always exclaimed in shock and dismay when they came across it. In recent years, I have acquired many more. Mostly I don't notice them unless I'm in a public restroom with overhead lighting. Then I think, Damn, I have a lot more grey than I thought.

I picked up the dark strand first and saw the grey move also. I grabbed the other end of the hair and held it out horizontally in front of me. One half of the long strand was brown and the other half was grey.

Nothing quite like seeing that your hair is literally turning grey one strand at a time.


10 years ago on TTaT: When Irish road workers have spare time

No comments:

Post a Comment