14 February 2017

Love Is Love

Love Is Love12. Love Is Love by Marc Andreyko

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


An artistically diverse collection of one and two page stories donated by comic writers and artists to benefit survivors of the Orlando Pulse shooting.

Many stories directly reference the mass shooting. There are also a wide array of LGBTQ stories from different POVs. Some pages made me cry, others were hopeful or defiant or relayed personal stories.

It's a wide mix so what resonates with you will vary from person to person. I will say it's more emotionally heavy than I was expecting, but definitely still worth reading.

For straight people who ask, "What do I tell my kids when they see gay people kissing?" or "How do I explain this mass shooting to them?" there are stories that address that.

Support the comic creators on the Queer Cartoonists Database and Cartoonists of Color Database.


10 years ago on TTaT: Happy V-Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment