18 October 2016

Earp Your Day

While getting my teeth cleaned, my dentist popped in to see if my hygienist needed him to check anything. She didn't, but we chatted teeth for a minute while he looked at my x-rays and notes from last time.

Just as he was about to step back into the hall, I said, "On an unrelated note, watch Wynonna Earp." I know he likes sci-fi, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

He leaned forward and asked, "What's that?"

I took a breath and said, "Wynonna Earp is the great-great-granddaughter of Wyatt Earp and she kills revenants, demon outlaws, that Wyatt killed who are resurrected. It's funny, it has great action. It's not sci-fi, but if you liked Buffy, you'll like it."

"That sounds great!" he said with genuine enthusiasm. "Where's it on?"

"SyFy. The first season's done but it's coming back for season 2 next year, so you have plenty of time to catch up."

"And it was good?"

"Yeah, it really is."

"Thanks for the recommendation," he said with a smile.

"You're welcome!"


11 years ago on TTaT: I have an underwear drawer!

No comments:

Post a Comment