27 May 2016

Life of Art SitRep #328 Art and Luggage

Took advantage of some temporary peace and quiet to create another gouache painting, this time on watercolor paper. Both more and less of what I was going for. The paper doesn't buckle as much (though it still curls on the edges as it dries), but has much more texture.

I had cut down the page before painting so it would fit my scanner but 8.5" was still a little too wide to be sure of getting it all in one scan. Ended up doing it in multiple passes anyway. Tried some different composites of it in Photoshop. Finding it hard to get color right. May try scanning a color chart as a reference to see if that helps.

Before painting, I scanned the blank watercolor paper. That seemed to work well as a pattern in Photoshop for a watercolor collage I'm working on.

Shot 120 photographs. I am culling these as I go, fyi, and only kept 39. Often I shoot multiples in an effort to fine-tune focus, but I'm also getting more ruthless to save myself time down the line, also drive space.

Worked on a cloud photograph in Lightroom. Auto did some interesting unanticipated things, saturating the color and upping the contrast quite a bit. It made noise more prominent but it kind of looks like grain. Set me on a path I hadn't considered for it. Tweaked the settings but still probably pushing the image too far. It looks kind of cool though. Still mulling it over.

Rocklawn Arts blogged Memorial Day Sale at Rocklawn Arts!
Get 25% Off nearly everything in my shop Rocklawn Arts through May 30, 2016
Code: MEMORIALSALE

Created some more Suitcases. They are available in 3 sizes and you can customize the color of the back/sides, handles, wheels, and bumpers:
Black & White Diamonds and Chevrons Luggage
Black & White Diamonds and Chevrons Luggage by RocklawnArts
See other Customize Pieces of Luggage at zazzle
Classic Navy Blue and Grey Gingham Plaid Luggage
Classic Navy Blue and Grey Gingham Plaid Luggage by RocklawnArts
See other Customize Pieces of Luggage at zazzle
Classic Red and White Gingham Plaid Luggage
Classic Red and White Gingham Plaid Luggage by RocklawnArts
Browse Customize Pieces of Luggage online at Zazzle.com
Airy Baby Blue and White Gingham Plaid Luggage
Airy Baby Blue and White Gingham Plaid Luggage by RocklawnArts
Look at more Customize Pieces of Luggage at zazzle
Sleek Black and White Gingham Plaid Luggage
Sleek Black and White Gingham Plaid Luggage by RocklawnArts
See more Customize Pieces of Luggage at zazzle.com

Culled 196 photos shot last year. Over halfway through this process, so I can see the finish line though I do have a few more big shoots to go through.

Finished reading an old Popular Photographer issue.

How was your week?


8 years ago on TTaT: I continue to loathe health insurance

No comments:

Post a Comment